StatusThe thesis was presented on the 4 May, 2011
Approved by NCAA on the 8 July, 2011
Abstract– 1.07 Mb / in romanian
The major goal of this thesis is the determination of the origins and factors that contribute to the narrowing of the development gaps and those that will stimulate economic growth in the new emerging markets in Central and South-Eastern Europe in the conditions of globalization. The events of the last decade, like: the intensification of international relations, the world crises, the appearance of the new emerging markets on the world map, etc. all these affect the situation and evolution of the Republic of Moldova in the world. The present research paper implements a theoretical and practical analysis of the factors that determine the economic growth and narrowing of development gaps in the Central and South-Eastern European (CSEE) markets and outlines the implications and the possible solutions for Moldova.
In this context, the thesis emphasizes the following:
- the conceptual analysis of the development gaps and the phenomena of economic growth;
- the identification of the nature of evolution of the development gaps in the CSEE new emerging markets;
- the determination of the impact of the external shocks, the phenomena of contagion, the effects of interdependence and vulnerability;
- the assessment of the neighborhood effect on a country and on the regional development;
- the modeling of two evolution scenarios of the Moldovan economy, using the adjusted R.M. Solow model;
- the elaboration of measures in order to overcome the development gaps and those that will stimulate economic growth in the Republic of Moldova.
Considering that each country has its own specific and unique characteristics, and there is no unique solution for the stimulation of the economic growth, it is very important to understand and discover the individual engine of growth and narrowing of economic development gaps.
The scientific arguments, methodological elaborations and the instruments of their
implementation described in the thesis, are of theoretical importance and have a practical
character for the researchers preoccupied by the topic of economic growth. The results of the
research may contribute to the improvement of the methodology of analysis of economic
development gaps, expand the character of the existing theoretical views and emphasize the role
of state institutions in the functioning and selection of the economic development alternatives
and policies for the newly emerged economies in transition.
Under consideration  :